As the festive cheer envelops us and the air becomes infused with the scent of cinnamon and pine, it can only mean one thing – the holiday season is upon us! It’s that magical time of the year when we come together to celebrate love, joy, and the spirit of giving. In the spirit of making this season extra special, we’ve curated our annual Holiday Gift Guide to help you find the perfect presents for your loved ones.
Whether you’re searching for the ideal gift for family, friends, or even yourself, our guide is brimming with thoughtful and unique ideas to make this holiday season unforgettable. In true TSD style, we’ve sourced a selection of home decor, clothing, jewelry, beauty products, services, and experiences that feature sustainable, non toxic, fair trade, and locally made products.
Join us on this merry journey through our Holiday Gift Guide, where every carefully chosen item is a testament to the joy of giving. May your celebrations be filled with warmth, laughter, and the delight of finding the perfect gifts for those who matter most. Let’s get started!
- Quince has long been a TSD favorite, particulary their ethically produced, OEKO-TEX certified cashmere. This burgundy sweater is perfect for a casual holiday get together. And this Italian Leather Clutch is would be gorgeous with a festive dress.
- The Re:Down Puffer from Everlane is a masterclass in repurposing recycled materials into a stylish and functional item. We love it in color Bone.
- We love Veja sneakers not only for their range of colors and styles, but because of the ecological materials, social projects, and economic justice programs they’re involved in. Their Campo sneakers are a classic.
- Vivaia is another shoe company making an environmental impact by producing their shoes from recycled water bottles. Their Pointed Toe Ballet Flats and Square Toe Water Repellant Ankle Boots are both top notch.
- Melanie Auld is one of our favorite Canadian jewelry brands. Their horoscope collection is especially beautiful.
- Mejuri is another Canadian brand that has caught our attention lately. The jewel tones from their gemstone collection are perfect for the holiday season.
- We love Kinn‘s concept of creating modern heirlooms and once you browse through their selection, you’ll see how their pieces could become the next generation of hand-me-downs. They also have an epic vintage shop.
- And because our heart will always be in Hawaii, we have to shout out Te Hotu Mana and their gorgeous Tahitian pearl jewelry. This white Tahitian pearl necklace is chef’s kiss!
- Our favorite all-around beauty and skincare store in Canada is The Detox Market. You can shop by skincare, haircare, bath and body, makeup, and wellness categories, or search through their vast selection of clean beauty brands.
- And in the US, it’s Credo Beauty. They’re like the clean beauty version of Sephora and have been our source for discovering new clean beauty products for years.
- Ilia is a clean makeup brand we can’t get enough of, espeically their Multi Stick in Lady Bird. Fun fact: my husband went to kindergarten with the founder!
- For skincare, our go-to is Mara Beauty, a clean beauty line featuring wild algae sourced from France and Ireland. The Algae Retinol Face Oil makes for truly soft, radiant skin.
- Check out Jak Natural Designs for gorgeous, one-of-a-kind wood pieces from Jackie Chapman.
- Artist Jenna Jones sells beautiful originals and prints on her website, but her Heritage legacy art is truly unique. Using stones you collect from places of sentimental value, she crafts them into handmade paints for your custom art piece.
- Obakki is a curator of artisanal, fair trade pieces from all over the world. Search their site by region, by room, or by category. Some of our favorites include the Trulli Bottle, the Blossom Plate, the Zacaton Wall Hanging, and the Half Moon Split Bracelet.
- We love the bold bright colors combined with the delicate porcelain and modern shapes of Grace of Glaze‘s dinnerware collection.
- The Coffee of the Month Club from award-winning Kona coffee company Big Island Coffee Roasters is sure to satisfy the coffee fanatic in your life.
- If tea is more your cup of tea, the monthly Tea Discovery Box from Sips By is sure to fill your cup.
- What could be better than a monthly delivery from the Chocolate of the Month Club featuring small batch, Hawaiian grown cacao from Manoa Chocolate.
- The Detox Box is always different and always a wonderful surprise of clean beauty products from The Detox Market.
- If you (or your loved ones) are in the Vancouver area, a flower delivery subscription from zero-waste florist Bloomier is just the thing to brighten the dark winter days.
NOTE: This list is more specific to the Vancouver area.
- Circle Wellness is my new favorite private spa experience right in the heart of the city. Featuring a natural cedar soaking tub, a cold plunge, and radiant heated riverstones all open to the sky above, as well as (my favorite part) a Well Pod sauna lined in Himalaya salt blocks, you will leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
- If you want to take that experience up a notch, visit Kitoki Inn on Bowen Island. Featuring private cabins situated in the forest and a Japanese bathhouse, you can extend your spa experience over several days.
- A little further from the city is The Nami Project situated in picturesque Ucluelet on Vancouver Island. Enjoy minimalistic cabins, private saunas, cedar hot tubs and cold plunge tubs, and views of the Pacific Ocean.
Let us know what you think about this year’s holiday gift guide. What are you giving your loved ones this year? Are there any favorites that we should add to the list? We always love to hear from our readers so let us know in the comments below!
Warm wishes for a joyous holiday season. We are so grateful to have each and every one of you as part of our growing community. Thank you for your continued support!
*NOTE: none of these products and services are affiliate links and we do not receive any benefit from promoting them (aside from the joy of sharing our favorite things with all of you!).